Thursday, July 5, 2007

SOME QUILTING


Thanks for visiting my blog. I am currently working on embroidering twelve Flowers of the Month Blocks for a commission, and a Double Wedding Ring quilt. I paper pieced the arcs of the DWR and am hand appliqueing them onto the white background. I have about half of it finished. I'm using only 30s repros fabrics for it.

I am thinking of making the joining blocks out of parts of vintage embroidered linens. I would cut them to the size to fit where the arcs join. I have been collecting vintage embroidered linens for a long time now and have a nice box full of them. I get them at yard sales and thrift shops.

The weather is wonderful here, finally, after a long , long rainy spring, and I have been enjoying sitting on the porch in the evenings and working on the DWR quilt.

No comments: