Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year - A New Chance to Make a Difference





Today is an ephemeral ghost... A strange amazing day that comes only once every four years. For the rest of the time it does not "exist.



It basically means a "leap" in time, when the calendar has to be adjusted to make up the extra seconds accumulated over the past three years - a little tune up for our calendar.


But today holds another secret - one of those rare moments of delightful transition and opportunity.


A day of unlocked potential.


Should you or shouldn't you? Could you or couldn't you? Will you or won't you?


Let's use this day to do something different, something daring, something extraordinary, maybe even unlike things you might do on 'regular' days. Take a chance - be more compassionate - love unconditionally - throw caution to the wind - make a drastic change - begin a new path. What will you do today?

5 comments:

regan said...

Love the pics! And today is our anniversary....28 years (but actually just 7! Ha!) We'll spend the day together, and that makes it perfect! And get in a little sewing, too! NOW it's perfect, right!?! lol

GardenOfDaisies said...

Yes, every 4 years we receive the gift of an extra day! I've always wondered how the people born on this day dealt with their birthdays. It was a regular work day for me, so pretty normal in most ways. I didn't throw caution to the wind, but man oh man it sure was windy out... the recycling bins were blowing down the street.

Sunny said...

Well, I did do something different.... I kept an eye on the many tornado storms that were passing too close for comfort in my area. I even sat in the middle bathroom with my knitting once while the worst of it came and went. However the day before, I did make a trip to a yarn shop in Bowling Green and snatch up some goodies there. So I guess that counts for my "extra" day :)

BTW, Your photos, as usual, are very beautiful! If I run out of painting ideas I just need to visit your blog!

Lili said...

It really is a cool day when you think about it, but sadly I did nothing to properly commemorate it. Your pictures are beautiful and show so much serenity. ~Lili

Lila Rostenberg said...

I love this post!
It is a special day...I am sure I was sewing, though taking note of the beautiful day!