I found this MeMe over at Somerset Seasons - a fun blog from England, with interesting posts about nature, gardening and her animals.
1) My mother once: took the baseboards off and vacuumed under them (did you know she was a neat freak?)
2) Never in my life: will I fire a gun
3) .When I was five: I lived in California on a chicken ranch, had hepatitus and then our family moved to Alaska - in that order.- quite a year.
4) High school was: from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - in the winter we went to school when it was still dark, and it was dark again before school let out. I loved school!!!
5) I will never forget: waiting 7 1/2 hours while Don had open heart surgery - and then the joy of seeing him being wheeled down the hallway to ICU - and our son was with me - what rejoicing!!!
6) I once met: a family with one child, and then twins and then triplets. Then no more kids.
7) There's this person I know who: has about 200 vintage baseball gloves, well, the last time I asked, he did.
8) Once, at a bar: I've never been in a bar - so I guess I have no stories. I used to walk past the Pioneer Bar and Ernie's in Sitka when I was a kid, and smell the awful smell coming out the door.
9) By noon I'm usually: doing housework or working on a quilt, except on Mondays and Fridays - then I am waiting for our four year old grandson, Ben, to come for the afternoon of fun.
10) Last night I: I finally finished part of a border on a quilt.
11) I hope that: people learn to get along, learn to admire the differences in each other and learn to care for those less fortunate.
12) If only I had: a clue - oh, maybe I'd better wish for something better, how about more time?
13) Next time I go to church/temple: would be for a wedding, can't think of any other reason to go.
13) Terri Schiavo: wow - that makes me sad just to think of her.
14) I like: our children and grandsons, who could ask for anything more?
15) When I turn my head left, I see: my Featherweight sewing machine and a stack of pretty fabrics.
16) When I turn my head right, I see: my "in" box and papers I need to keep close at hand,so I just keep looking left. (oh that my inbox could just one time be empty)
17) In junior high school: no junior high school in Alaska way back then - just grade school and right smack into high school.
18) If I was a character written by Shakespeare: I'd want to be in a Midsummer's Night Dream, saw it one time with Don's aunt and cousin, we were the only three people in the whole movie theater - we changed seats often and ate hugs boxes of popcorn.
19) By this time next year I: plan to have a deck and ramp on our new house.
20) A better name for me would be: Samantha, or Trudy, or Penelope - pick one.
21) I have a hard time understanding: meanness.
22) If I ever go back to school, I'll: study fun subjects, like archeology and art history, pottery making and languages.
23) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: the person handing it to me, that's only polite.
24) I hope that: you are still reading this, and are not too bored.
25) Take my advice: follow your bliss. Well, it’s Joseph Campbell’s advice actually. I’m just passing it on, and good advice it is too.
26) My ideal breakfast is: biscuits and gravy - good gravy made with whole milk, not that sappy stuff they serve in restaurants made with non-fat milk. Might as well make it with water. blllegggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
27) A song I love is: Anything by Paul Anka. Don took me to a concert of Paul Anka's a couple years ago - it was like being in high school and going to Marcia's house to listen to records!!
28) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: you enjoy nature - by the way - it is Sitka, Alaska so you have to go by boat or plane, but it is well worth it.
29) Tulips, character flaws, microchips and track stars: hmmmm - silly soup?
30) Why won't anyone: pick up all the trash on the roads - let's each pick up some as we pass and it will look much better.
31) If you spend the night at my house: you will get to sleep in the "toy" room - we will move the bears off the bed for you, but it is your job to keep them off once you are in bed.
32) The world could do without: most politicians, I think they should be limited to two terms, one term in office and one term in jail.
33) I'd rather lick the belly of a roach than: nothing - I'm not lickin' no bug!!!
34) My favourite thing is: family get togethers
35) Paper clips are more useful than: baggy pants, wet dogs, melted popsicles, rotten food, need I go on?
36) And by the way: you’ve spent a bit of time reading this, did you realise?
37) My grandmother: made me a ragdoll when I was 6 and I still have it - she is probably older than most of you (the doll I mean - my grandmother surely would be older than any of you - heck, I'm older than most of you)! (That's my big brother Jimmy standing behind me and Bunny, my ragdoll)
Feel free to do this on your own blog - if you do, please leave me a note so I can find out what makes you tick too.