Monday, May 17, 2010

Baking with Ben



Ben and I had an extra day together last Friday - and we celebrated by making M&M cookies.  Ben said if we were short on chocolate chips then M&Ms would do fine.


Ben is very good at measuring - he would say "scoop and level" every time he measured . . .

Adding ingredients . . .

Monitoring the mixer - he calls it a "maker" . . .

The maker is making dough . . .

We snacked a little from the bowl of M&Ms - every time Ben added another ingredient he ate one M&M . . .

Scooping the cookies out onto the pan . . .

And of course every little boy likes to lick the beater . . .

Ahhh, cookies and milk outdoors after a baking adventure . . .

Ben says that baking is hard work, but worth it - I agree . . .

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I can remember baking with my grandmother and how much I loved it! Ben is a blessed little guy!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Pat said...

What a nice day you had with Ben. I enjoyed your photos and really love what your "maker" was making that day!

bettyp said...

You cute Ben reminds me of my Jacob and Dakota!! They love to bake with my in the kitchen !!Thats great time together

Barb said...

That is just priceless......he is a cutie

GardenOfDaisies said...

He is such a sweet child! Maybe he will be the next great pastry chef... Cake Boss might have some competition. :-)

luv2quilt2 said...

I love having a baking afternoon with my grandson. Looks like Ben had a great time.

Dena said...

I love spending time in the kitchen with my grandkids. We always have so much fun, just like I did when my children were growing up.

I like Ben's method of alternating ingredients with the M&Ms.

Great job!

Elenka said...

oooo, I whole heartedly agree. M&M's will SURELY do!
(Especially if they are peanut!!)
What a cutie he is!!!!!

JoyceAnn said...

Smiling ....... I enjoyed seeing Ben's baking adventure , he looks like a pro in the kitchen. Now I've got cookies on the brain , need to get busy.

~ Be Blessed ~

A Garden of Threads said...

I agree, always an M&M or chocolate chip for every ingredient added to the mixer. Then there is the taste test, he seems to approve. Good work!

Lili said...

Oh this makes me miss our grandkids, how fun to bake with them in the kitchen. Such precious memories you share with your Ben. So sweet Jo. Oh and I used to have that same towel rack with the flying geese that you have, but forgot to detach it before we sold our last place. ~Lili

Crispy said...

What a wonderful day you had with Ben. I'm still waiting for Saige to make me pancakes LOL.

Crispy

Peggy said...

You have received blogger awards from Peg