Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

 
What a glorious day - the girls and their families came for brunch - we had lots of food and lots of fun . . .

My great aunt's breakfast dishes - perfect for a brunch . . .

Lovely fork handles . . .

Scones and homemade raspberry jam - I didn't think to take photos of the fruit salad and breakfast casseroles - until we had eaten them all up.  Believe me - they were delicious!

A pretty bouquet from our youngest daughter's family . . . bright, just like our day . . .

Alstroemeria close up . . .



I've been collecting milk glass lately - this little basket was from Jahn's family . . . isn't it the cutest little thing?

Close up of the ruffled rim - I love that clear glass on the edge . . .

From Don - a milk glass cheese dome . ..

Close up of the roses . . .


A wonderful stone for my garden - from Ben's family - Ben picked it out.  I have just the spot for it in the garden, right next to a fairy. . .

And Ben picked out this plant stake - the ball glows in the dark . . .


There is a metal ladybug on top of the ball . . .

Our son and daughter-in-law sent this darling Fimo Clay quilt pin - you can judge the size by the safety pin it is hanging from - the pin is about 1 1/4" long.  This is the cleverest thing!!!  Don't you wish you had one?

After brunch we played in the yard and did some planting - that's for the next post - be back soon.

9 comments:

Dena said...

Sounds as though you had a glorious Mother's Day! Love the gifts you received.

Barb said...

Love your dishes...just love them....I have a dish fettish...if I spelt that right???

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sounds like the perfect day! Enjoyed all of this.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lili said...

What a lucky Mom you are! I'm now craving scones and raspberry jam! Love that milk glass cheese dome (I would even hide a scone under there now and then.) Your day sounded perfect Jo! ~Lili

sandra said...

beautiful gifts, lucky you! And yes I do want one of those fimo pins!

Purple Pam said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful Mother's Day. Yes, I wish I had one of those little fimo pins too. I like the rock Ben gave you!

Crispy said...

What a wonderful day you had!! I love the cheese dome and the plant stake and the pretty rock that Ben found :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

It all looks Perfect! Homemade jam, just doesn't get any better does it?

Teresa said...

I have never seen more pretty dishes - I just love them. How nice to have something special like that to share with your friends. The breakfast just sounds perfect to me.

All the other pictures are great - thanks for sharing.