Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oh - Mrs. BrownDirt



When last we visited with Mrs. BrownDirt, she was at a lodge, enjoying herself on vacation. That same vacation she had a few other adventures. Let's check in and see what she was up to on her vacation to Plain, WA.

It was a sunny and very warm day - so Mrs. BrownDirt and her people headed off for a picnic, trying to find some water - a lake, a river, an ocean - oh wait - no oceans in Plain, WA -

I love a good picnic - especially one with a cooler full of good food - and cool ice, it is very hot today and we cotton people might get wrinkled and mussed in the heat. Ahhhh comfort.

I think I'll have a look around - see what is in the woods by this river . . .

Oh noooo - a bear - run - hide. I thought this was going to be a civilized lodge vacation - not one with bears. They will eat the stuffing right out of you if you aren't careful!

It is a very big bear!!

Quick - up a tree - hope I don't fall over into that river - a girl doesn't like to get wet and messy in her good dress,.


Uh oh - I'm not such a good climber - heeeelp!

Oh dear - I forgot that bears can climb trees - now what?


I'll hide in the leaves . . .

The bear seems to be friendly - he says I should come down for lunch - I hope he doesn't mean that I am going to be lunch. I've very hungry so I will chance it - it is easier to get down out of a tree than to get up in a tree.

When I climb down - what do I see - Buddy E - waiting on a rock - is he laughing at me?

That frog - he is laughing because he ate the sandwiches while I was desperately trying to escape that ferocious bear - I bet Buddy E sent the bear after me.

No no - the frog is going to eat all the Girl Scout Cookies . . .


Go ahead frog - try and get those cookies!


Oops - did you fall into the box ? Hee Hee Heee


Oh I'm sorry frog - really I am - the cookies got all eaten up before you could get any - maybe it was that mean old bear - snicker snicker - really, I AM sorry frog.

It was a nice picnic, despite having to hide from a bear and then the frog eating the sandwiches - I think he has a tummy ache, I know I do - I mean the bear does, from eating all those cookies.









3 comments:

joe tulips said...

This is so funny! Loved the cranes too!

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Lovely day! Mrs BrownDirt rocks!

Browndirtcottage said...

...LOL....oh my goodness you!!! Just what I needed this morning, a good laugh!!!

I don't appear to be very lady like in my dress do I??? I guess that's the way a gal turns out after being raised with 3 brothers!

I told Joe Tulips I didn't know which was better, going camping with her or going on a vacation with you.....you made me wear a dress!!!

This trip was just toooo funny!!!!