Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lone Star Quilt Number Five - Jason


Next I showed our oldest daughter's Pink Lone Star - and here is her husband's Blue Lone Star.  I like working with blues - so many wonderful combinations.





On each of the quilts I made a different border - some were easy to think up - or find examples of on-line - and others gave me a bit of a struggle.  The ones with precise measurements took use of my geometry and algebra math skills (see you DO use that stuff later in life) - and I was happy with all the results,




 The whole Lone Star .  .  .



The border goes from light to dark, to light, to dark, etc.


Center .  .  .


Home from the quilter in Idaho and ready to bind.  .  .



The quilting gives the center such depth.  .  .



Intricate border quilting  -  Julie is clever that way .  .  .

Jason and Beccy





You can click HERE to read all about the Lone Star Quilt Project.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

JoAnn, this quilt is beautiful. Blue and white is my favorite color combination, and the Lone Star is a favorite pattern too. This is truly stunning.

My blog pal Beth sent me an email asking me to be in touch with you.

I'll email you in the next couple of days about your kind offer. Thank you.

Lena

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

Speechless! Each one is beyond words!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh wow, I love this blue one! Blue is one of my favorite colors! I love the ombre border treatment, too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sally in WA said...

Beautiful quilts! I found your other blog through Madge's The View from Right Here and saw you had a quilting blog, too. I keep my quilting separate now from my photo blog. Nice to "meet" a fellow WA blogger!