Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Birds, Flowers and Our New Deck - New Camera



This was a wonderful summer - very short - almost didn't get here - but it was fabulous while it was here. This is one of my favorite views of our new deck. Now that the weather has become chilly we are not spending time out there - but we enjoyed it almost every night during the summer.

The petunieas were fabulous in the deck railing planters. Some were ruffled . . .




And some were plain - I'd never seen the two kinds together before . . .

While at the bay one day I spotted this seagull on a lamp post . . .

Got a close up of him with my new camera . . .


And a super close up . . .

Isn't he pretty - sitting there and posing for me?



Thanks, seagull!

8 comments:

Pat said...

Great gull photos and your deck is wonderful.

Lili said...

Oh yes we'll soon be missing the flowers of summer, but I'm working on embracing the cooler weather right now. I love white petunias, ruffled or otherwise, so pretty! ~Lili

Peggy said...

Wow that deck is fabulous! Great pics!

Rowan said...

You're obviously enjoying your new camera! The close ups of the gull are great. As for your deck - it looks wonderful, bet you can't wait for next summer!

A Garden of Threads said...

The new deck looks wonderful and so inviting. Great shots of the gulls.

Karen said...

Obviously we are at the other end of the season and I have just planted out our petunias. I hope they will look as lovely as yours.

Heike said...

Fabulous pictures!!Love the deck....

Sunny said...

Nice deck, Jo! I was at a Harbor Freight store on Wed with my son and believe it or not they actually have a "deck heater"! Just sayin' you could probably check it out online