Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New Camera - First Day - Lake Whatcom

This summer I finally got my new camera. It is a Canon Power Shot SX30 IS - and it is super wonderful.

The advertising said 35X zoom - but when fully extended it does 140 to 172X zoom - amazing!!!

So the day it arrived we headed out to try it out. We started at Lake Whatcom, right near our house - and what fun I had.

First I would take a picture with my old camera - a sweet little Canon PowerShot SD 1200 IS - I love that little camera for tucking into my pocket and getting quick shots - but I definitely need more power - and I got it.


A "No Wake" buoy in the lake - at the highest zoom on the old camera.

And the new camera - wow!

Two pedal boats - look at the one with the little shade on it - on the left. Highest zoom on the old camera . . .


Oh look at those two boys in the pedal boat with the new camera!!!!!


Look again - the boys in the boat on the right . . .


Zoooom!


There's a sailboat out in the lake - best zoom with the old camera, wonder what they are doing out there?


Oh look - he is going to go overboard and take a swim!!!

I am having so much fun with this new camera!!!!









6 comments:

Peggy said...

It truly is wonderful! So glad you're enjoying it!

Lili said...

So excited for you Jo!! Mine is actually a less zoom than yours (20x), but sometimes we use it for binoculars to figure out what's going on! Enjoy, you SO deserve this fine camera! ~Lili

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Jo, I'm going to send Mr. Magpie over to see this. What a cool camera! Great pics you took, too!

XO,

Sheila

Unknown said...

Oh Jo: yesterday I had a water spill in my bag while going across the lake. My much loved Canon got wet. I don't think it will ever work again!
I've babied this camera and like you said, put in pocket, it could travel everywhere.
So, this is a great blog. It does look much bigger than the other Canon but worth a look at. Wow the telephoto is truly amazing.

Teresa said...

Congratulations on your new camera - that zoom is something else.

Purple Pam said...

Wow! The difference in the two cameras is amazing. Great photos. So glad the new camera makes you so happy.