Saturday, October 8, 2011

Boats On The Bay - My New Camera






More fun with my new camera - next we headed down to the bay - to one of our favorite spots - Zuanich Park, right on the bay. (This was when it was still summer - I am just now getting the posts done for summer - we are not having this kind of weather right now)


Look way out there - you see the tiny boat? This is at the highest zoom on my little camera . . .

Oh - now I see it!

There were lots of boats going in and out of the harbor - here we have a nice sailboat . . .


There are some people on the sailboat . . .

Lots of people . . .



Look way out, across the bay - look for the tall white "tower" on the right - near the end of the point of land . . .


A sailboat! This camera has some power!




A boat heading for the harbor . . .


Looks like everyone had a great day!

Here comes a working fishing boat - heading out . . .

The guys are busy at their jobs . . .


And even closer - look, that boat is from Alaska!



Now let's look across the bay, at town . . .


Nice houses in town . . .


Look up on the hillside, in the middle of the photo . . .


That's better - now we can really see that house!


The brick building in the center of the photo - taken at highest zoom with the old camera . . .


Up close and personal!


And the big freighter . . .


Wow - I can now see the name on the bow.

Now wasn't that fun?


6 comments:

regan said...

Ok....I think I missed the post where you talk about what camera this new one is! It takes amazing pics....and the close ups are unbelievable! I want one! What did you get?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You are having fun! When my current camera goes bye-bye, I am tempted to look into getting one like yours.

XO,

Sheila

Sharon T in Napa said...

That is SOME camera you have there lady!! I'm sure you are going to zoom into a photo one day and think "OH OH!! TMI!"

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, some great close ups with the new camera. Like how you decided to name your blog.

Lili said...

I am getting very jealous....but very happy for you Jo! ~Lili

Celestial Charms said...

Wow, just like a first class spy! ;) How fun was that! That must be one fine camera. :)
Maureen